Join our team
Island Pacific School (IPS) focuses exclusively on meeting the educational needs of adolescents in Grades 6 – 9. Our IB Middle Years Programme, outdoor challenges and community service experiences set students up for the rest of their lives. Housed in a purpose-built, student-friendly facility, IPS is located in the safe community of Bowen Island and offers an enriched curriculum that includes philosophy, reasoning and ethics classes, monthly community service activities and multi-day outdoor expeditions.
If you are looking for a career in middle school education, have a valid BC teaching certificate and are prepared to contribute to the total culture of the school by participating in outdoor expeditions, serving as a homeroom teacher, coaching Ultimate, and becoming a Masterworks advisor, we’d love to hear from you!
Wanted: Advancement Superhero
Title: Director of Development & Alumni Engagement
Hours: Part-Time Contract Position at 6.0 hrs/day x 3 days/week
Salary: $30-$40/hr (subject to experience and qualifications)
Start Date: August, 2017
Term: 40 weeks over a 10 month contract (with provision to continue thereafter)
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Bachelor degree from an accredited university
- Possessing or working towards a fundraising designation (CFRE, BCIT Diploma or other) is an asset
- Membership in AFP [Association of Fundraising Professionals] is an asset
- 2-5 years working experience in the field of Advancement, preferably with an educational institution or similar non-profit organization
- A proven track record of accomplishment in fundraising and program development
- Excellent knowledge of legislation affecting fundraising
- Experience with one or more CRM donor database programs
- Efficiency in G-Suite and Microsoft Office
- An ability to work well with others, and a good sense of humour
How to Apply
Applicants should apply now to email@example.com with a resume of no more than two pages and a cover letter that summarizes their experience and explains why they think they would be a good fit for this position.
Our middle school superheroes at IPS are passionated, kind, confident and cool! All IPS teachers need a valid BC teaching certificate. We are an IB MYP Global School, so an understanding of the IB programme is helpful.
Working at IPS
With small classes of 12-18 and a total school population of 65, our teachers enjoy getting to know our students and discovering how best to motivate and inspire them. We work with a close-knit team of IB teachers in a highly collaborative environment and many of our teachers expand their practice beyond the school’s walls by taking advantage of nearby forest trails, professional community members and local organizations.